Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Farmville


World's largest rodent. Eeek!
Went zip-lining yesterday over this beautiful view.
Dragon duck?
Don't be fooled by their cute little faces. These goats are bullies! The ones with the horns kept pushing the little guys out of the way to get food (the one in the middle chomped on my bracelet).  Survival of the fittest exemplified.

Blouse- Filene's Basement, Shorts and Earrings- Forever21, Sandals- Urban Outfitters

If a coffee amusement park seemed odd, try a farm-themed one on for size. A few of the attractions:


1) Cow Milking contest
2) Pose for pictures while sitting on a huge buffalo (I felt bad for the buffalo so I just stood next to it)
3) Pig Race (the pigs wore jerseys representing different countries as little kids chased them)
4) Ostrich feeding
5) Dog Show
6) View 40 species of the world's chickens (who knew there were so many?)
7) Llama ride


I felt a mixture of guilt for the animals (being milked by strangers in front of a cheering crowd comes to mind) and wonder (did you know pigs have a better sense of smell than dogs?). The message the park was trying to send was that without the country, there is no city ("Sin el campo no ay ciudad").  I think they did a good job making the "city folk" aware of what goes into supporting them, I would have just preferred if they didn't sell fried chicken right next to the hens!

8 comments:

  1. those animals are crazy! how funny is that duck.

    www.avintagelovestory.com
    www.lalalandvintageclothing.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh love your outfit girl! the top is goorgeous. and looks lik you're having fun! hope you have a happy new year lovely! <3.

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sandals and earrings are really cuteee! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Farmville! :) And i love your style.
    Happy New Year!

    Saou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a view! I ziplined once, but it was into a freezing lake in the middle of winter ... not quite as beautiful.

    I love the colours and shape of your shirt. It looks great with the braid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness what a cute... um... whatever that that rodent was.

    Seriously.... what was it? One of the ROUSes from "The Princess Bride"?

    http://mystylecanvas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...