Monday, December 5, 2011

LPM Holiday Lookbook 2011: Girl's Night Out on H St!

 I don't know about you, but when I think about the holidays, I think about putt putt, whiskey, pie, and glitter ;)

Shortly after our last collaboration with Spicy Candy DC, we both decided it was time to go big--- after being inspired by our own excursions to the Hst DC area, we thought it would make the perfect backdrop for a holiday lookbook!  There are so many eclectic bars and restaurants that would make for good "Is this really in DC?" moments. We assembled a team of bloggers, photographers, models and stylists (who I took to calling "Team Awesome"... that's how I addressed the emails) who saw this as a labor of love and sacrificed time, energy, and sleep (specifically Marshall the photographer who sent our final lookbook out at 5:36 am!!) to make it happen.  If there's one thing I've learned, there's no flying solo on a project like this---having a supportive creative team around you makes a WORLD of difference.  This is not LPM's lookbook, this is everyone's creation :)

Thank you to the bloggers/creative team for styling and bringing the vision to life, to the photographers/ videographer for figuring out how to shed light on dark bars and the marathon editing process, and the lovely models (who in some cases had finals the next day!) for spending a day running around freezing in 5-inch heels and mini dresses (and stuffing your face with pie)-- this is only the beginning!

A big Marmoset thank you to the following people!

Creative Concept
Carlis & Katya- Spicy Candy DC
Katherine Martinez- La Petite Marmoset
 
Styling
Carla Sanchez   (Spicy Candy DC)
Katya Ananieva (Spicy Candy DC)
Lacey Maffetone (A Lacey Perspective)
Katherine Martinez (La Petite Marmoset)

 
Lead Photography/Editing: Marshall Johnson (The President Wears Prada)
 
Behind the Scenes Photography: Sebastian Marin (SMF0to)
 
Videography/Editing: Caroline Lacey 
 
Models:
Mansi Mehta
Morgan Mayes
Tamika Wilkins
Emma Jade
William Jovel

Hair and Makeup:

A special thanks to the following Hst businesses who allowed us to shoot on location:

5 comments:

  1. very impressive! I love the locations and and atmosphere in the photos. It's a nice little "story"! Well done, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy sequins, lace, and velvet! The concept came out magically. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos! Congrats on this project! -DCGF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog and I'm following you now!!!

    It is so adorable!

    Follow me back PLS!!!!

    GIVEAWAY!!!! I gonna do in my blog one giveaway when I reach 150 folowers!
    Tiago Aleixo
    http://the3rt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...